Quote:
I'm willing to believe that if they say the native resolution is 1920x1080 that it will be. The question is whether it will be willing to digest a 60Hz non-interlaced signal from a computer at that resolution and display it without any nonsense. So far as I can tell, the only way to guarantee this is to test it yourself (unless somebody else with the exact model has managed to make it work in the past).

Again, the spec sheets often have most of that information. For example, here is the spec sheet for a model similar to the one I have (advertised as 1080i).

In there, it clearly says the PC resolution should be 1360x768 (max), but doesn't specify refresh (60Hz works just fine). EDIT: Ah ha! this link includes the refresh spec, 1360x768@60Hz.

I actually feed it from the PC (Myth) via an HDMI input (from DVI-D) at 1360x768x60Hz.

Hopefully you can find similar spec sheets for whatever models you are considering. My criteria was simply: 37" LCD, CHEAP! (CDN$1000 a year ago), 1366x768 or better, DVI-D or HDMI input, and acceptable picture quality (hey, it's a TV for cripes sake!).

There was no point in looking at picture quality reviews, since most of them focussed on the picture from the internal ATSC/NTSC tuners, which I never use. Nowadays, the reviewers probably pay the most attention to the HDMI inputs (good).

Cheers

Edited by mlord (04/11/2007 14:52)