Quote:
The HR20 really wins on UI even against TiVo.

Naturally, this is a subjective thing, but I just disagree. Particularly with non-technical people (and by that I mean parents). My parents have had the HR20 for over six months now, and they still miss their Tivo every time they use the new box.

Seriously, the menu system makes no sense.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Verizon's service ended up being a little less expensive than DirecTV's, so I ended up even despite the Tivo service fee. Don't forget to factor that into the price comparison...

Also factor in the three days you'll have to take off of work to get your cable company to fix the multitude of things that will go wrong with your CableCard installation.

Maybe in your case, but despite the incompetent installer we had, we've had zero problems with TV since the initial install.

Quote:
Quote:
Actually, I just remembered something. When I was looking at which company I'd end up going with, I'm pretty sure that Verizon's service ended up being a little less expensive than DirecTV's, so I ended up even despite the Tivo service fee. Don't forget to factor that into the price comparison...

I'm not doubting you, but this has a lot to do with service packages. I happen to think that DirecTV Premier is underpriced when compared with other services. $99 gets you all premium movie channels and the sports pack. The same package on Dish, for example, is around $130 last time I checked.

I wish I could get the premium on any service, but I can't at this point. I was comparing basic packages, and I believe I'm paying around $110 per month. That's for FIOS TV, Tivo, and FIOS internet.