Quote:

Like I mentioned before I got the Samsung 61" LED DLP (I'm curious as to what problems you've heard. I've only had mine since the end of September and have had no problems).

A lot of AVSForum Samsung DLP owners (not just the LED models) have complained about geometry problems, a "halo effect", and various odd popping noises coming from the set. One comment I read said "if you get a good one, it's a great set." Many folks have sent two or three back to Samsung until they finally got one without issues. I know this can happen on any TV, and I know forum posts often overstate the bad and understate the good, but the ratio of unsatisfied Samsung DLP owners just seems higher to me.

Quote:

The TV is 21" from the wall, but with the stand it looks fine. My couch is about 11' from the screen, which gives me just a tiny bit of darkness at the top. I really only notice it on full screen pictures with a white backdrop. I think my couch just sits a little low though, if my head is about 3" higher the picture is perfect.

Yeah, the good news for me is that putting my TV along the 24' wall (making the viewing distance around 11') makes sense with the way my room is setup. It'll be right between the two windows, and there's a good spot to put a couch directly parallel with the TV. I'll post some pictures once my moving in activities die down a bit, but I definitely think it would have been foolish to go under 60" for this room.