Thanks for all the advice, folks. As expected, I closed on my house on Friday, and moved in this weekend (where "moved in" means "everything I own is in the garage.") I was going to hold off on buying a TV until after Black Friday to see if there were any deals, but having scanned the Black Friday circulars from the major electronics retailers, I didn't see any that jumped out at me. There are going to be a couple of Aquos deals (I think a 46" Aquos is going to be $999 at Sears) but the pickins among larger sets look pretty slim unless there are "secret sales."

With this in mind, I scanned the deal forums today and lo and behold, there's a great deal on the KDS-60A3000 at Fry's/Outpost:

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5384018?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

$1599 plus shipping (around $90) from a reputable seller seemed like a great deal to me, so I pulled the trigger. I've seen the set in person at Circuit City, and thought it wasn't a great environment, I did find the picture to be very crisp. If it's anything close to or better than my Dad's 60" Sony (I think it's a KDS-60XBR2) I'll be thrilled to get it at this price.

Now I just gotta order a nice stand for it. Anyone have any stands they recommend for a 60"ish projection TV? The BellO stands seem popular and look pretty nice, but they're a bit pricey.