Rob, I agree with alot of what you're saying about DirecTV vs Tivo, but even if I could get DirecTV here, I would still go with Verizon/Tivo. I simply do not like the HR20's interface more than Tivo.

Also, just to be nit-picky, you seem to be throwing about various monthly service rates. I think you increased it from $13 to $16 in just one post To be clear, it's $13 per month ($12.95) for a 3-year contract, and it's $17 per month (16.95) for a one year contract. I have every intention of keeping my Tivo service for well over three years, so I went with the longer contract.

Oh, and for every additional Tivo box you sign up for service, you get $6 per month off the additional plan. So two Tivo boxes on a three year contract would cost you $20 per month ($19.90).

I realize that these numbers are higher than what you get with DirecTV, but I just wanted to clarify, what with all these figures being thrown about.

*edit*
Actually, I just remembered something. When I was looking at which company I'd end up going with, I'm pretty sure that Verizon's service ended up being a little less expensive than DirecTV's, so I ended up even despite the Tivo service fee. Don't forget to factor that into the price comparison...

Edited by Dignan (06/11/2007 21:20)