Quote:
Matt, I don't know what kind of TV you have and I was too lazy to go back through the thread to find out but this will probably apply anyway. When I first bought the Sony Wega III I too wanted to set it up with a computer via DVI. This was about three years ago. I was able to achieve 1:1 pixel mapping but only after a lot of research and work. The final solution was to use Powerstrip to provide the TV with the proper resolution and timings AND go into the service menu of the TV and adjust several hidden parameters to eliminate the overscan. Once this was all completed the system work swimmingly. There have been huge advancements in graphics drivers since then and you may not have to use powerstrip but you might try it anyway. It has some great features that seem to work well for these types of applications.

Thanks, guys. I'll give Powerstrip a try. The updated Microsoft drivers got me a picture, but I downloaded the ATI drivers and Catalyst to see if I could help things any. They didn't.

The thing I don't understand is: why would this happen at all? If anything, the output of the PC should be more certain than any other device I plug into the TV. I have it set to the exact native resolution of the TV, and it's a digital signal, so why on earth would there be anything other than a 1:1 mapping?

There's also a bit of a weird look to stuff on the screen, like the mouse has an odd, light, 1-pixel border around it.

*edit*
Oh, and I was at least able to get a satisfactory result by changing the resolution to something like 1776x1008, but this just makes me wonder that question more...

Edited by Dignan (11/11/2007 03:50)