Quote:
I'd make sure the 605 has some sort of HDMI support.

Agreed! It looks like the 605 does have HDMI inputs, and even conversion to HDMI! Good choice! The next receiver I get will have conversion to HDMI, so I can just leave my TV on one input out of convenience.

I'm currently not happy at all with my Sony receiver. They seem to be the last company to tie digital audio ports to specific components. For example: I have an optical and coax input that are both tied to the DVD player, so when I'm using one, the other is useless. The end result is that I have limited inputs for newer components. Most other decent receivers I've seen will let you assign your digital audio inputs, as well as your component and HDMI inputs. Not Sony, though. Not on any of their products, no matter how expensive.

Anyway, I like that TV. I think you made the right choice on rear projection. For the size/price ratio, it can't be beat. Besides, if you don't plan on having the home theater components hidden away, you'll probably be putting them in a stand that will take up the amount of depth of an RPTV. At least that's how I justified it