Quote:
Is that the only UI "improvement" you see? Because I find that marginally nice at best, and annoying at worst. It does minimize the UI space on the screen as you only have ¾ of the screen left available. (The video takes up the upper-right quadrant.) If given a choice, I would probably prefer the TiVo way.

It's just something I find nicer than Tivo. I didn't think about it until having to go from HR20 to Tivo. It seems strange that you have to browse the Tivo's menu system in silence.

The video portion takes up less than ¼ of the screen:

Quote:
Does the HR20 do clipping or only full cancellation? TiVo added clipping at some point.

No clipping, it will fail the record the entire show. There is also no negative padding, but I think UltimateTV was the only DVR to ever have this feature.

Another nice thing about the HR20 over Tivo is that padded programs that overlap on the same channel won't cause a conflict. It will simply record both programs (using only one tuner) during the overlapping period. I don't know if Tivos do this now, but DirecTivos don't.

Attachments
305499-IMGP0286.jpg (212 downloads)