"I'm almost insulted by the fact you think you need a god to lay out these rules for you. It's a good thing you were introduced to these rules or who knows who you'd be killin right now!"

your missing the point, im not saying we know these rules only because we have the Ten Commandments, Bible, etc. You seem to be saying we have an innate knowledge of these rules, i agree compleatly. The only difference between us is that I think God put them there. Where do you think they came from?

Just because God hadn't put out the 10 Commandments yet, doesn't mean it was ok when Cain killed Able, he still knew it to be wrong.

"you think you need a god to lay out these rules for you"

this, i belive, is the heart of your error. you seem to think that I found God (or you would say, "made up") and then He gave me rules. I'm doing just the oppisite, I found rules (I know i shouldnt kill, steal, etc.) and in trying to determin where they came from, they (the rules) led me to God.

"It seems many of your "rules" are followed by most social animals."

This only shows that man is, somehow, uniquely flawed. why is it that a monkey cannot sin, but a man can? did "evolution" take a misstep? furthermore, where did the rules which they follow come from? who governs the animals? mere random chance? thats some heavy odds your talking about

but enlighten me, explain to me more clearly where exactly you do think all this comes from.

by the way, i hate to impose any "man-made moral code" on you, but i've attmpted to be, for the most part, as uninsulting as i can. please show the same maturity