the nurons in my brain are firing in the paterns they are because of chance.......then how on earth can i know that to be true, since my (and your) conclusion has been arived at entirly by chance?

im still waiting for an answer from somebody on this
The first problem with your question is that you have no antecedent for ``that''. What is the ``that'' for which you are attempting to ascertain truth?

Assuming that you're talking about the entire conclusions that science has brought us to, it's because science provides us with theories that are demonstrably true or not true, at least within a certain realm. In addition, they can predict things that have not yet happened.

Religion provides us with neither of those.

Science does not preclude the fact that a creator exists, but it does preclude the fact that he interacts with us on a regular basis, unless he always does so in accordance with the rules of nature as we observe them, in which case, that creator would be no different than the nature of the universe itself.

However, I'm sure that I'm still not answering your question, as I'm still not sure what your question is.