well, it doesnt, rather it offers answers to the questions which science can"t answer.

No it offers possibilities of answers. As your faith doesn't allow you to challenge those answers, how do you know youre right?

by illogical, to do mean "not suficent evidance to come to a logical conclusion" or "this can be disproved by logic" if you can disprove it, show us, if there isnt suficent evidance then i belive i did say that God has left just enough gap to require faith to belive in Him.

So what scientific question could be answered that would prove to you theres no god? or rather what about that science gap screams "believe in a supreme being that no one can see, and is obviously rather eccentric"?

you seem to think your enviroment can change your "mental/physical state"

You don't? So nothing i can physically do to myself will change my mental or physical state? This obviously isnt what Peter is refering to (I cant seem to find the post from Peter you're refering to).

at what point would the human element with in them be considered "dead" (perhaps the heart still beats, the lungs still breath, everything still works, there is just "nobody upstairs") at this point i would say the soul has left the body.
How do you know? What are you basing this information on?

The whole idea for a soul seems designed to control other human beings afraid of their own mortality.

actualy the existance of a soul seems to make people fear their mortality less. i am not afraid to die because i belive death to be mearly the begining of my existance.

This is exactly what I'm saying. People weak enough to need to believe in an "afterlife" would generally gravitate to a religion that promises such a thing. I've no such necessity. I'm not afraid to die.