that's what it says in the Bible
You can't use the Bible as a reference to prove the validity of the Bible.
Please demonstrate, using the technology of 2000 years ago, how a virgin woman can naturally become pregnant without having sex.
I was going to add, but left out for the sake of not being overly offensive, ``or falsehoods''.
we have two choices:
There are more choices than those two. In fact, the only mutually exclusive pieces of those two choices you provide are the ``there is no/a god'' parts.
You mean to tell me that this is all just a huge coincidence, despite the statistical probability of that ever occuring? Yeah, right -- just the odds of winning the lottery are astronomical."
Yet people win the lottery all the time. Just because it's unlikely doesn't mean that it can't be. We got lucky (or unlucky) by being the ones that beat those infinitestimal odds. It's hard for the beings that don't exist to pipe up and show us that they're the ones that lost.

Or another way to look at it is that, given the fact that we're here, it wasn't unlikely at all. However, at least to me, that smacks of assuming that my presupposition that those series of events are regular and controlled by nature itself is true, but that's what I'm trying to prove, so I think that common argument, the outcome of which I agree with, doesn't work.
For a lot of people, it's far simpler to pick option 2
It's also a lot simpler to assume that one plus one equals three than to go through the immensely complicated mathematics to prove that it, in fact, equals two. But just because it's simpler doesn't make it so.
Particularly if they also have some sort of personal experience which they *can't* explain via option 1
Example? I'd bet that it's because they'd rather attribute it to option 2.