OK, maybe this will turn into a 300+ thread, I can admit when I'm wrong! I'm not going to respond to everything here, but there are a few points I'd like to bring out.

As Tony said, evolution and the creation of life are two different questions, and if we divorce them, evolution really becomes something of a minor issue. Evolution does not explain how life began, so while it may cause some uncomfortability with a Christian notion of God, it by no means precludes a Creator. Even then, evolution would not be the nail in the coffin of Christianity even though Evangelical (and Time magazine) say it is, just as proving the earth was millions of years old is not irreconcilable with the basic tenants of Christianity. Most of these arguments goes back to biblical accuracy, something we've discussed in detail before. However, biblical accuracy is a far removed argument from believing that there is no God, or even whether or not He became man, died for our sins on a cross, and was resurrected from the dead.

It seems popular to debate the issue of faith vs. science, and this is unfortunate. Evangelical Christians often imply that using our scientific knowledge to interpret the Bible is "reading into" the text and that we should rely on a plain understanding from what it says. While "reading into" the scriptures is bad, using scientific knowledge to better understand what God would tell us is not "reading in". A plain, non-scientific reading of the bible would lead us to the conclusion that the world was flat, yet this is clearly not the case. It is also abundantly clear that God is not trying to tell us anything about geography of our planet in these texts; He (or actually the inspired human writer) is merely using words that would be understood at the time the text was written. It isn't wrong to apply science to the bible, however it must be good science.

Christianity should never encourage a person to leave his or her brain at the door in order to enter, though this seems to be the attitude many have, both on the outside and the inside. Yes, if we question what we hear in Church we might find we can't answer every question, but having an answer to every question isn't necessary to make a commitment of faith, just as having all the answers isn't necessary for scientific theory to become widely adopted.

Can science prove or disprove God? As I've said before, I don't think so. Science is about repeatable experiments that follow the laws of nature as we've identified them, of which clearly God is on the outside. Can God intervene within these laws of nature? I don't see why not, though if those events were examined under the microscope of science we'd come to some very wrong conclusions even if we were using the most rigorous of scientific methods.

Not all of our beliefs come from science, nor do I think any of us claim they should. Science helps us along in many areas, but love, morals, decisions of what is pleasurable, etc. all fall outside of what science can tell us.

Someone said earlier that the proposition of God is an outrageous claim and needs to be supported. However, based on my experience and knowledge, the opposite is true. The claim that there is no God working in my life would be an outrageous one to me, and a great amount of proof would be required to make me believe otherwise.

There are many philosophical arguments for and against the existence of God. Logic is good as far as it takes us, but I've heard people use (at least what appeared to be) sound logic to argue two completely different sides of an issue, yet one (if not both) of them was clearly wrong

This is my attempt to cut through the many arguments being offered here. Evolution is not as key an issue as some (on both sides) would make it. Science does not have a "magic bullet" to defeat the Christian God. Likewise Christianity cannot defeat science, nor should it seek to. My belief is that it's rational to place my faith in Jesus Christ' death, burial and resurrection as a solution to my sin problem. I do have philosophies and science that backs this up, but many other people will put forth science and philosophies that deny it. It ultimately does come down to a matter of faith (imagine that) but not on issues of evolution or science (though of course these should be addressed); the real issue is: do I have a sin problem that is keeping me from the God relationship I was designed to have and what can be done about it?