The question is, what awesome and terrible forces are acting on these human beings that can turn them immoral enough to kill 2,800 of some other country's citizens, or irrational enough to give their lives doing so?

If I start caring, they win. As long as I see them for what they are, they've lost.

You do have a point, and I'm really not trying to gloss over it, but this is something that I'm entirely consistent about: once you start doing stuff which causes harm, in many cases irreversible and often final, to other people in the guise of whatever cause, I hope to see you and your cause get smashed. If you want to throw away the basis for society, fine, but why do you feel the need to drag as many other people down with you as possible? It's all talk... "it's so bad here that..." and it's bull, if it's so bad, leave. "They won't let us" is also bull, because they also won't let you kill people, and yet...

In that vein, I need to figure out where my own life is going, because if we're going to continue walking all over other countries, I can't stay forever, but nor can I support for instance overthrow of the government by other than electoral means, because again, it involves walking on innocent people to achieve one's ends, which to get back to my original point, is lower than dirt.

If I'm rambling, I apologize.