Well, about the sniper.
I think he may have some small military training I think. He is not chosing victims by itself. But he is chosing them after places. Like a gas station, where the "objects" are slow or non moving are easy targets. Anybody being within the area of affect is chosen just because. And about a real sniper wont leave any victis alive or he would shoot them in the head is totally wrong. A real sniper would shoot towards the chest and aim to the heart. There is just to much that could go wrong aiming at the head (Wind, breathing, tick) a shot from 400 yards will be missed if not all the factors are perfect. That is why you aim at the chest, its a bigger target. Its better to injure and possibly kill the enemy than missing him. And about using a kevlar west. Well I´m not sure about how much .228 cal is. Where I live we count the caliber in millimeters. And with a weapon capable of "sniping" from 400 yards I dont think a west would help very much. The best way would be to run zig-zag and to be covered from as many directions as possible. (I am from sweden btw).

And about the WTC terrorism. Of course its wrong to kill 2800 poeple and call it jihad. But its equally wrong to invade any country at all (kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan) Of course you could debate all about the purpose of invading Kuwait and Iraq, but why the hell would you invade Afghanistan??? Invade and surpress an entire country on behalf of what 1 renegade organisation did!!!! Thats just sick! I think that entire war was because Bush had to do SOMETHING. And in the meanwhile maybe collect an extra vote or two.
I think that war, injustice, murders are wrong in ALL ways. No matter what banner or name/philosophy you´re marching under.
And about the propaganda, BOTH countries have done their share of it. The big difference is that USA is a hell of alot better at it than Bin Laden is. Remember that the best propagande is the propagande you dont notice!

Not that its wrong or anything, I just think that USA is probably one of the most patriotic countries in the world, because of really "good" propaganda through the years.