Regardless, it is her duty to represent her consituents. And that was my point.

I disagree. That's why we don't have a democracy. We have a republic. We are electing people who represent our standards and viewpoints to make an educated decision for us based on their knowlege and experience.

I applaud Senator Feinstein for making that decision as she is far more informed than the average Californian (I used to be one).

Furthermore, (and I'm probably the only one on this board) I think Bush and his administration are doing an excellent job given their limitations, and I doubt Gore/Leiberman could do much better.

Lastly (and here's where I probably piss everyone off), I think it's awfully pretentious and ignorant for any of us to pretend that we can make informed decisions on how to handle foreign policy (barring the possibility that there are any high-ranking government officials or intelligence community members on this board).

But that's just my opinion...and everyone knows that opinions are like @$$holes....everyone has one and noone particularly cares to hear more about mine.