well.... I recieved alot of ansers..;) And about the Nato caliber, wich was what I was looking for. Thank you!

And as written I live in Sweden where the news about this is not as good as it should be. No real details, just the info about somebody being shot autside a school and so on. So my info about these shootings in themselves are pretty limited. I was talking about snipers in general.
I have about 1 year of military training here in Sweden. I had about 2 days worth of sniping exercise, so I´m not that experienced.
And about injuring rather than killing. Well (I think) in most cases is that you are going after officers with the sniper. And its true you (if you wound them) that it takes alot of more manpower away from the action. But as it probably is an officer you would probably want him dead so he wont come back. But I guess thats a matter of opinion, anyway they dont shoot at the head wich was my point. And I dont think a bulletproof west would help that much against a 5.56 bullet. But I could be wrong about that.