Ok I calmed down.

I actually agree with most of the viewpoints presented here, and I try to hold more of a world view instead of a US-centralized one when looking at these things. One of the things that I really like about this board is this is a true global community. I get to read, chat, learn from people from all around the world - and I don't even think of country barriers when participating here. I ordered the sled plug from Shonky - and I felt important when I received a package from Queensland, Australia! I plan to purchase a tuner kit from Patrick, and I am grateful to everyone on this board for contributing so much.

Granted - I have been annoyed with various things since 9/11 - and I'm not pissed at anyone specific here, just the general sentiment and situation in the world now is what irritates me. I have a lot to be thankful for, though (my empeg, for one). I feel bad when I see on tv that Israel attacked Palestine again, usually killing innocent victims, and I feel equally as bad when I see that there was another suicide bombing in Israel, killing innocent victims there. It is endless madness. Therefore, walking around town here, I'm not generally concerned that some sniper might be in the woods about to shoot me. Its not a pleasant situation by any means, but compared to situations elsewhere in the world... meh, what are you going to do? There is a greater chance I'll be struck by lightning, or killed in a car accident than be shot by a sniper in the woods. My situation could be worse, and I think about that all the time and I'm thankful for the relative tranquility I have.

And, I can always move to Canada if it gets really bad.