"But at least we stand for NO killing!"

I think this is the stand that makes your viewpoint different from mine. Don't get me wrong, I think that anytime a person dies at the hand of another, it is the result of evil. The problem is, evil is hard at work in the world to make some killing necessary.

There are many people in the world who, if they could, would kill me in a split second simply because I'm an American. That's the sad reality, the one with which the US (and other countries) must deal. And of course, we (the US) make mistakes, as you have pointed out, which is tragic and evil as well. But to stand for NO killing is a nice benign viewpoint until someone wants to come into YOUR house and rape YOUR wife and take YOUR life. If right now your country can take that stance, be grateful for the current climate, because if the terrorists have their way, eventually you will be in their sites.

As far as specific go, I personally believe our action in Afghanistan was warranted and could have been avoided if its government had worked with us. I also think that innocents died, but they were never intended to be our target. The Afghanistan government could have protected their people, but they refused. I believe that we made the right choice, and it is tragic and evil that people had to die. I might be wrong, of course, because I don't know the whole story. What I do know is that we don't live in a word where "NO killing" is an option.