I believe that that's exactly some of the reason that many 2nd and 3rd world nations are pissed at us -- because we have to be the top dog, and we'll keep every one else down to do it.

Look, everyone wants the brass ring. A poor guy in a 3rd world country is willing to overlook a leader who violates human rights, rules with an iron fist, and kills anyone in his way, provided the regime puts food on their table. The thing is, countries who have acheived a certain level of prosperity and might have, generally, done so the right way, or at least in a way that is more right than what Iraq has done. This past history of doing things the right way, and only resorting to war when necessary,

In the specific case of America, we're in a position to set an example for the rest of the world. Half of it is that we've chosen to take that position, and half of it is that we've had no choice, and been thrust into that position, with other countries such as our UK brethren watching, cheering and saying "go get 'em!" I'm not saying our allies love everything we do, but there have been times when someone needed to do something and the U.S., being the superpower, did it. Have there been screwups? Hell yeah. Should we have stayed out of a certain number of the things we've gotten our hands in? Maybe. But overall, I think good decisions have been made, and most of our involvements in foreign affairs have had a positive influence, and left behind countries that are better off than before we got there.

I think that history, and our current status as the flagship of modern democracy, affords us the right to say, or at least recommend, who gets to have what in terms of weapons. The part I am not on board with at all is Bush's "we'll do it even if nobody joins us" attitude. I believe that the U.S. needs to not just lead by example, but also make sure that allies and even adversaries understand why we're doing something, and need to be encouraged to go with us. With Iraq, I'm not entirely sold on the idea that we should be there, but certainly, Saddam Hussein should not have these things.

Now, Bitt, mind sharing your solution to the global nuclear crisis? Or the situation with Iraq?