Quote:
Quote:
The Bible never read like a bad scifi novel.

No, it reads like a bad fantasy novel.

I'm just curious -- how do you think we got here?

Oh, the Big Bang... right. But how'd that magical mix of matter and energy that caused the Big Bang get here?

Do you see where I'm going with this? It's a paradox. A catch-22. OK, you'll say, so where did God come from then?

I'm willing to study the theories of the Big Bang and evolution. I think they're fascinating, and possibly true, but they don't answer the ultimate question: How and why does our universe even exist? To try and answer this question with the Big Bang only serves to pull a veil over your eyes, because while it may explain the creation of our universe, it does not explain the creation of itself.

Our existence certainly is a paradox. By our understanding and logic, everything that exists must have been created at some point. Although we have mathematical symbols and formulas to represent it, our minds are incapable of comprehending infinity. Everything must have a beginning and everything must have an end.

But anyways, if something created us, whether it was God, the Big Bang, or a combination of both, then either something created what created us -OR- what created us must have existed for an infinite amount of time.

The only logical explantion for the paradox of our existence is that something existed (and exists) for eternity. Something that was never created, and something that never can be destroyed.

So what is it? A dense ball of matter that eventually exploded? Or something deeper? Something that we cannot yet comprehend? Some people have their own answer to this and some refuse to face the question. But, the question still remains: why and how is it here?