Quote:
You might want to consider cash games.
Cash games just bore me, I'm afraid. I think tournaments are exciting simply because the dynamics are constantly shifting with the stack sizes and such. There is a goal that you're driving toward, and playing one feels like a "story" almost. Cash games have their moments, but I just find them tiresome.

Except for HORSE- the changing games keeps me interested because whatever game I'm playing, I'm always looking foward to the next one. Actually, I'm always looking foward to O8, which has become the most fun variant of poker for me. Not my best, but I really enjoy it a lot. I don't play it outside of HORSE though.

Quote:
What (theoretically) makes no-limit difficult is the prospect of being faced with very large bets on later streets. This doesn't happen in tournaments (except in the early rounds of very large live tournaments) because the blinds are so large in proportion to the stacks.
Yeah, it's pretty clear that mose MMTers don't get deep stack play AT ALL. I sure didn't when I started playing, and the Harrington books really don't give a great grasp of how to play deep. I got the new NL book by Sklansky and Miller and that helped immensly. I playd some NL Cash games and destroyed them, but like I said before, found it kind of boring.

My solution has been to play the Stars Deepstack tourny whenver I can. With 30 min blinds and starting 250BB deep, you get to play deep for quite a while.

Quote:
Play a 200x BB cash game if you want a mental challenge, and stay in after you've doubled a couple of times. When you and your opponent each have 800+ BB in front of you, "mentally stimulating" doesn't begin to describe it!
Now THIS I have not experienced. That DOES sound fun. I've played on a few of UBs NO MAX tables where I could buy in for 500BB, but this was all at super low limits where the competition was horrible. Not very mentally stimulation