Quote:
You may want to pick up "High/Low Split Poker for Advanced Players" by Ray Zee. It covers both High/Low 7-Stud and Omaha/8.
This is actually the next book on my list. I was all set to buy it when news of the ban broke and party pulled out. When Party pulled and I wasn't certain if Stars was going to stick around (no Stars = no HORSE, since Full Tilt only has HORSE tournies, and very few of them), I put the purchase on hold. Now I think I'll go ahead and buy it. I understand H/L split games well enough to beat the .50/1, but I'm playing overbankrolled and I'd really like to understand the games better so I can move up.

Quote:
The one game that some HORSE players seem to play fairly well (besides Holdem) is 7-Stud.
This is true. In fact, they play this better than HE, amazingly enough. HE always feels like the table goes on super tilt for a moment, like "ZOMG- I can play THIS GAME! Let's build a MONSTER POT!!!!" LOL.

Quote:
Sklansky, Malmouth & Zee's "7-Card Stud for Advanced Players" is a great book for this game.
This is a good book information wise, but IMHO, the is the least well written (that I've read). the writing style feels like a brain dump. I'll bet it could benifit from a re-write with Ed Miller invovled. That being said, reading it shows just how wrong most of the Stud advice out there is. There are a few simple ideas people give you on how to play this game, and that just doesn't work for something so complex. The match up section in the back really helped me understand conceptully how to look at starting hands and play hands like a pair with an ace against a probable pair of Kings. I'd have NEVER played that hand the way I do now before reading that book. I just needed to read it a couple times to understand it

Quote:
I enjoy stud, but I find it nearly impossible to track the dead cards and multi-table.
I like stud a LOT more than HE. I also don't multitable cash games though. I DO multitable tournaments.

Quote:
Ed Miller is working on a Small Stakes NL Holdem book. I can't wait until that comes out!
Talk about a guy who found his calling. This guy can write poker books like nobody's business. 2+2 sure made a +EV move when they brought him on board. SSHE is just awesome, and was so clear about counting outs and oods that it helped my NL game.