Well, that's the question I'm (I guess implicitly) asking. What leads you to believe that the Bible has any credence? I'm personally happier with people who believe that God exists and see the Bible as a written record of other people who believe the same thing, not as some doctrinal credo. It is, in some respects, an historical record of the life of Jesus and the history of the Jewish people, so it's hardly irrelevant to the Judeo-Christian experience, and there's a decent amount of good philosophy in it (as well as a decent amount of bad, too) but to put it at a higher priority than your own personal relationship with God I don't understand. It's more like you're more interested in being an upright member of a club than being okay with your God.

I also have some personal theories about the notion of feeling an internal God, but I think that, beyond some extreme examples, there's nothing wrong with that notion, as long as you don't force your views upon others. While I don't think that you do that directly, I do think you support and encourage a culture that does, and that's where my problem lies.