Quote:
And so Christians eschew any scientific theory that doesn't suit their ossified view of the world. And that's why we have things like bans on gay marriage, abortion doctors being murdered, etc., etc.... And arguments against the Big Bang.

Yes, yes, I know. Not to mention the attempted banning of the teaching of the theory of evolution in Kansas and elsewhere. This despite the fact that we have a great example (in the Soviets teaching Lysenkoism) that educating your youth with flawed science can set your science back by decades.

But I think you are conflating "Christians" with "American Protestant Southern Literalist Fundamentalist Anti-Science Christians" which is a much smaller subset of all of Christianity.
They are just very noticeable because they have an enormous amount of political power in the U.S. (and thus in the world) right now.

But you wouldn't have to search too far to find some American Christians that are officiating at gay weddings, in favor of stem cell research, etc., etc.

Nor would you have to search far to find a few atheists who accept science in a purely faith-based manner. I.e., science was the religion of their parents, so it's their religion now, too.