Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I kinda appreciate the elegance and simplicity of that idea.

How is this elegant or simple? If God was really elegantly omnipotent, why not a message every month? An insert in your cable bill, say.

Perhaps then you'd blame those pesky christians for forcing their message on you.

Well, if the message clearly came from God, rather than from "those pesky Christians" then I certainly couldn't be upset that the creator of the universe was meddling in my cable bill, now could I?

Quote:
Would it make a difference if [...]
Would you believe if [...]
What if this happened every day of your life [...]

No, you wouldn't, because you don't already.

Oh, you better believe I would. Because in that universe, all those omens would be testable by science.
We could have everyone wear blue shirts one month, to see if the messages stopped or doubled in frequency. We could see if the hand of God smote every person who defiled their cable bill. Repeatably. Predictably. Every time.
In that universe, God would simply be a fact.

But that universe is not this universe. And if I understand Jeff correctly, it never will be. Because according to his beliefs, the way to God is through faith. I.e., you must believe even though there AREN'T any repeatable testable facts that science could use to say, "Yep, there's your god, right there."
The God that Jeff believes in is not a "prove it to me!" kind of god.

Obviously, Jeff, please correct me if I'm mis-stating your faith.

But my point is that a "daily testable miracle" would probably convert most or all of the atheists here into true believers, especially if it is one that no one could ever fake through any alternate means.