Quote:
Well, if the message clearly came from God, rather than from "those pesky Christians" then I certainly couldn't be upset that the creator of the universe was meddling in my cable bill, now could I?

How would you know whether or not it came from God?

Quote:
Oh, you better believe I would. Because in that universe, all those omens would be testable by science.
We could have everyone wear blue shirts one month, to see if the messages stopped or doubled in frequency. We could see if the hand of God smote every person who defiled their cable bill. Repeatably. Predictably. Every time.
In that universe, God would simply be a fact.

Just like rainbows and burning bushes are provable by science. Yet, because it is explained by science, it supposedly doesn't come from God, right? If you could prove why God exists then he wouldn't be God, would he? I think you would be.

If you wanted to be a true scientist, then you'd acknowledge the question as to why we are here, and at the very least, entertain the only plausible solution put forth thus far by mankind -- that there's a higher being, known as God.

And, you would take into account the billions of first hand accounts from witnesses who claim to have had an experience with God. There have been far fewer reported UFO sightings, yet most people, and probably most scientists, would entertain the possibility of them actually existing. To not do so would be unscientific.