Quote:
Please don't "not vote". If you can't stomach voting for a member of either ruling party (and I can't say I blame you), then vote for either an independant or third-party candidate who you can stomach.

Depending on certain litmus tests, if you are a litmus test kinda person, this could be a tough go. Say, for example, you had previously held your nose and voted for the Vicious Thug Party for the single reason that they professed to be pro-life. So now, they are not all you hoped. The Libertarian or Green parties would not seem like a very comfy refuge for Ohio's disaffected pro-life or anti-gay-marriage voters. I have not seen any sign of the "Pro-Life and Anti-Gay-Marriage But Not The Republicans!" Party. Yet.

Hmmm, on the 7th, I'll be damned if I will bother to vote for my calculating Democratic incumbent who voted to let our rabid administration off the leash. Libertarian? Dreamy-eyed nut jobs. So this begs the question of whether I will get off my ass on the 7th to go bullet vote a couple of Greens just to feel good.

So, who made popcorn and watched Bill Moyers' show on Jack Abramoff? Uplifting, wusnit? Abramoff, Delay, Ralph Reed and their devout, prayerful supporters. I was nearly physically ill. Yet folks who want us to "live right" gave these scumbags money and probably felt all good inside when they voted for Delay.

I may be with Jeff. I may stay home. I think I am getting too old to be an unwarranted idealist or to harbor false hopes about our continuing political disaster. The American Devolution.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.