I realize I was being argumentative in my last post. I apologize. And I tried to find a better word for "copout" but failed. Anyway.

I have to agree with our Canuck on this, though. Don't not vote. Vote Libertarian. It sounds like the politics for you. If you can just convince more people like you that the people they're voting for don't represent them, maybe you can help pull the Republican party back from the loonybin. I'd far rather have an opponent I can respect.

Also, while I think that outlawing gambling is stupid, I'm more outraged by the piggybacking.

And, for the record, while I'm not opposed to a large government in general, there is one aspect of the smaller government ideal I'm very fond of: fewer laws. My problem mostly lies in having fifteen laws that say the same thing in different ways and that try to tell judges how to judge, as opposed to the general idea of "less governance", but that's one area where I strongly disagree with the people I tend to vote for. Most of what they believe in in general matches what I think, so I just have to grin and bear it. I just thought I'd throw that out there, though, to commiserate on the "not representative" score.