Quote:
Well, that's the question I'm (I guess implicitly) asking. What leads you to believe that the Bible has any credence?
Long answer that I don't have the energy right now to fully answer to anything close to satisfactorily. There are plenty of arguments about consistency of doctrine, internal and external claims of devinie insipration, and my own experience of the truth of it as lived out in my life. Each of these are topics that would have to be expounded upon in great detail, and honestly I'm just not up for it at the moment

Quote:
as long as you don't force your views upon others. While I don't think that you do that directly, I do think you support and encourage a culture that does, and that's where my problem lies.
I'm not quite certain what you mean by this. While I am a part of the evangelical church and do seek to share the gospel with people, I don't try to force people to follow my moral code- I DO try to convince people that I'm right, but then don't we all?

I don't really get wht you meant by "supporting and encouraging a culture that does". Are you talking about politics and the religious right, or something else? If it is the former, I don't do anything I know of to encourage that. I try to vote the way I think will be best for the country overall, but I always feel like I'm picking between to bad choices; I don't remember ever having voted and feeling like my choice was a good representation of myself or my goals. I want less government, not more, and I don't want the government telling people what to believe or how to behave unless it's going to infringe on the rights of others. I honestly don't beleive either party in the US is offering that though.