Quote:
The problem is that the money you win comes from recreational players who are net losers at the game. They need to be able to buy in again, or you're going to be left playing against other net winners and you'll be in a very nasty survival-of-the-fittest proposition.
Oh, believe me- I get this point completely. But if things really get that serious to where the pools really are drying up, then I'm probably done anyway.

Quote:
The good news is that most modestly-winning players are pretty bad themselves
Dum, de dum, de dum- oh are you talking about me? LOL- yup, you sure are.

Quote:
The really horrible fish are actually tougher (especially if they are aggressive), since they play completely irrationally you can't logically deduce how they are playing and what they hold -- the game becomes a pretty boring hand-holding contest.
Yeah, I know this all too well- remember I play the 4/180s! I've figured out how to beat the really weak players in this one (overbet with the nuts, give em rop, etc.) but I can't wait to move up deal with a little tougher competition because it will be more mentally stimulating. Unfortunatly the jump to 20/180s is pretty steep, but I just found out that Stars is going to be doing 10/180s so that is the clear next move for me. At any rate, I'm looking foward to improving my game at the higher levels.

But anyway, it doesn't look like the games are drying up any time soon. I don't mind taking on a few sharks and improving my game- just more of a mental challenge for me, and really that's why I play anyway. I'd probably have to stop if I became a long time loser, but if I can maintain some kind of reasonable BR, the games getting tougher will just make it a little more fun for me.