Rather than pick and choose who this is in reply to, I'm just gonna reply to the original post....

First of all, who in the hell does ANYONE think they are to assume they have the right to tell others who they can or cannot pledge themselves to? I don't care what sexual preference, religion, color, etc. someone is; they all deserve the same rights.

Secondly, to the Christians on the board who have made comments alluding to the idea that only Christians have marriage, you may want to open your theocentric minds and take a look at reality. Christians are not the only people who have a right to get married, nor does Christianity have a coner on the marriage market.

Reagrdless of what any of you may think, there ARE other religions in the world. And they even have marriage.

The problem here is not that gay and lesbian couples are dying to have a Christian wedding. It's that they want the same rights as anyone else. Taxes, etc. Oh, yeah, and the ability to marry the person you love.

If it were simply a matter of the Christian church not allowing it, most likely the majority of gay and lesbian couples would just give them the finger and go have a Buddhist (or other) ceremony.

Yeah, Buddhists can get married, too. And Shinto, Muslims, etc. etc. etc.

But the problem is, the secular government won't accept their marriage. And everyone here knows that. And arguing the semantics of the difference between "marriage" and "civil ceremony" is a load of crap. And again, everyone here knows it.

If you ask me, having a problem with people being in love and wanting to show it is about the least Christian concept I can think of. Just because hate is hidden behind "faith" doesn't mean it isn't hate.