As far as I'm concerned, if the state/country allows same sex marriages, it has nothing to do with the religions. It's not like the government is requiring the churches to marry gay people. The religions should just mind their own business - the souls of their practitioners

All Christian/Judaic/islamic mythology aside, I believe that gay people should not be banned from marriage - just like mixed race marriages shouldn't be. I believe that those who oppose gay marraige are just like the bigots who opposed interacial marriage. They are just behind and lack social progress.

I don't believe that Children are a requirement for marraige - they are a requirement for parenthood which is another challenge altogether. Plenty of people have children out of "Wedlock" but they are still children and "legitimate" human beings.

If Gay people want to adopt, that is fine too. I know many gay people who would make great parents. Being a child of gay parents doesn't make the children gay (as if that were a bad thing). Most gay people were born of hetero parents and they did not turn out hetero

It is important to take a step back to see the real issues at play here and not let mythology influence how we treat others.

my 2 cents.
ex-mormon, ex-minister, atheist
Still looking for a good way to install in a 2010 BMW 3 series with iDrive/NAV