But doesn't this beg the question: If homosexuality is so much "against His precepts", then why did He choose to make some people homosexual?
First, great question, especially since it'd have been so easy to blast me on the obviously charged point of my post.

My answer (again, firmly from my worldview- my arguments don't make a great deal of sense outside of a biblical perspective): We live in a fallen world where things aren't as they should be. In a perfect world there would be no homosexualty, no drukenness, no lust, no temptation, no violence, no war, no slavery, etc. This is the product of the apple incident in the garden and Adam's choice of self over God. That's the theology behind my worldview.

Why did God alow sin in the first place? Many speculate, but I think (as do many others) that it is to give humans freewill. We have to choose between sin or God in order to make a choice in God a real choice.

You see, being a homosexual is not a sin. Committing homosexual acts is. Desiring sex is not wrong. Having sex with someone who is not your spouse is. We all have struggles because we're imperfect humans in an imperfect world. It is this struggle of choosing between sin and God that we all must endure for the sake of freewill. And guess what? I sin all the time. Yet I don't blame God for making me capable of it, I blame myself for choosing the world over God. Yet He is forgiving of my mistakes, as equally as he is of someone who engages in homosexual activity, steals, lies, or commits any other sin. It is the human condition that we sin; the question is how we deal with it. Do we look the other way or do we turn to God for forgiveness?

Note: This post created directly in the BBS for your viewing pleasure.