I understand what your saying, I just don't get "why" it's considered an offense, what about transgendered people? If two people love one another and cleary don't like the opposite sex why is it bad for them to choose to be happy?

Heres an example, a guy I went to school with in a small town, well his parents faught all the time, she was clearly depressed and over the years gained so much weight she was very, very unhealthy. Every Sunday the couple is in church (my church), very religious people. He too (the father)was depressed, the son always had issues, for years this family is suffering. So basically the minute the guy graduates and is off to college, the parents seperate, the father comes out of the closet, appears to be happier then he's ever been. She looses practically all her weight meets a different guy whom she's actually compatible with and every party envolved was visibly changed for the better, except for the kid who got raised in a totally sterile environment void of love.

The church asks the guy to please not come back til your straight again, and he pretty much tells them to get bent.

So basically you've got a couple that are miserable, and one individual that fights his sexuality to conform to the will of the church and so his kid doesn't get made fun of at school. These people were miserable for well over 20 years simply because the guy is gay.

So I have to ask, is it a sin to make everyone in your family miserable because you clearly prefer men? I'd have to say, just from a logical standpoint, that it's more of a sin to stay in a situation that damages everyone in your family.