You see, being a homosexual is not a sin. Committing homosexual acts is. Desiring sex is not wrong. Having sex with someone who is not your spouse is.

So... let's allow the gay people to be spouses, and then everyone will be happy.

A flip answer, I know, and really not deserving of the thought and effort you have put into this thread.

However, I am not comfortable with what I perceive as hair splitting on your part. "Being a homosexual is not a sin" OK, we're in (rare) agreement there. "Committing homosexual acts is [a sin]." But committing homosexual acts, particularly in your fundamentalist (and I do not use that word with any disparaging intent!) world view, is the very definition of homosexuality. Do you see the contradiction there?

Are you suggesting that God wants homosexuals to lead lives of misery and deprivation, denying in themselves the very strong desires for love and companionship common to all mankind, indeed, imbued within mankind by God Himself?

Are you saying that at some time in our lives we all chose our sexual preferences, and that homosexuals just made the wrong choice?

Nobody chooses their sexual orientation. Well, perhaps from your point of view that is incorrect: a person's sexual orientation is chosen by God. It does not seem reasonable that the "proper" (that is, less sinful) course of action is to defy that sexuality that was determined by God Himself.

tanstaafl.