I don't know how much of that was directed at me, but here is my responce for what it is worth. I'll be quoting myself in yellow:
to the Christians on the board who have made comments alluding to the idea that only Christians have marriage, you may want to open your theocentric minds and take a look at reality. Christians are not the only people who have a right to get married, nor does Christianity have a coner on the marriage market.

Christians define marriage as an institution ordained by God, between a man and a woman. Other religions have similer definitions.

Now, if homosexual couples want to go to some secular huminist church and get married, fine. But neither I nor The Methodist Church (or Baptists, or Cathloic, or whatever, I simply said Methodist because that is the church I happen to belong to) is required to acknowledge it.

The problem here is not that gay and lesbian couples are dying to have a Christian wedding. It's that they want the same rights as anyone else.

Fine, give them those rights. But don't pretend it is the same thing as marriage.
If you ask me, having a problem with people being in love and wanting to show it is about the least Christian concept I can think of.

I have no problem whatsoever with people loving one another. Neither does the Bible. The second highest commandment is to love one another. But the Bible expressly forbids sex with a person of the same sex. It also makes clear that marriage is intended between two people of the opposit sex. You may love all you want. It has nothing to do with homosexual marriage or sex.