You need to go back to Word.
Drat!
Irrelevant tangent, really.
True, just had to address the question.
Separation of Church and State
Also a fairly irrelevant tangent.
Yeah, which was actually my point.
What if there was a church that promoted gay life as a positive?
Well, in fact there are
Would your Church overrule that?
No, a church is free to do whatever it wants, including promoting homosexuality. And the state should stay out of it entirely. I'll bet we agree on that, even.

I've been mostly trying to give a "this is how this all feels from within the church" kind of persepctive. I haven't really commented on my position as much as my feelings. Honestly, I don't want same-sex marriages because I think it's going to be bad for our country in the end. However, if it's what the people of the U.S. want, we live in a free country where the people decide, not the law of God. The only control the church has over this is by guiding the morals of the people through influence, not by telling them what they legellay can and can't do. Many Christians argue for Legislative Morality, but I'm not one of them. Compliance with God's law is a heart issue, not one of law. Half of Paul's writing in the New Testament was to argue this very concept. Or at least that's my take.