My oldest daughter is a junior in high school and does very well academically. She is in the National Honor Society and has close to a 4.0 average. However, we have been having problems with about every aspect of public schooling (you would not believe the BS hassles we have endured). My wife and daughter both are very adamant about not attending her senior year at this school. The options are to send her to another public school (about 30 miles away) or home school her.

My wife really wants to home school her and is very capable since she has been a substitute teacher on and off for years. We could also sign her up for online learning as well. My daughter’s preference is to go to the next closest public school (like I said, 30 miles away) but would home school as a second choice.

My main concern is that my daughter is up for an honors diploma at her high school and if she home schooled she would only get a GED. I’ve always looked down on GED’s but maybe I’ve been wrong. She is definitely planning on college and hopefully scholarships.

Opinions?