Just to add to my post a bit, I think it's close to self evident that at some point, if you keep going back, eventually you have to find something that created but itself was not created. This, in broad terms, is a creator, though as I said before, is not necessarily the God of the Bible, or even a God who personally interacts with His creation. To get to that step is a far greater task, and at the least requires establishing the Bible as generally reliable, if not infallible. That is a completely different discussion, though would be important to establish for any education system that teaches Biblical Creationism.

I have heard idea that the universe is self created, which I personally see as a little grasping intellectually, but even if we accept the notion as reasonable, it does not preclude a creator, merely it makes the universe itself "God"' which would certainly appeal to some belief systems.