Originally Posted By: JBjorgen
very religious != evil

very religious education != bad education

I never said that. I was offering an observation about why I thought people in my area, which is filled with nationally-ranked public schools, might choose to home school.

If I appeared to inject any personal bias, it certainly wasn't that I thought this practice was evil, and it's insulting that you say I did. If I have an emotional reaction to religious home schooling, it's that there are two solutions I don't believe are healthy: 1) separating yourself societally from those who think differently from you (home schooling**), and 2) insisting that everyone else thinks the same as you (campaigns for school prayer, equal time for creationism, etc).

I prefer the "believe what you want, but don't force me to believe what you do." Sadly, the absence of religion always seems to be seen as an indictment of it.

** And I apologize for turning it into a religious issue, when there are clearly other reasons for home schooling, as I was implying in the first place when I said that not everyone has access to excellent public schools like the people in my county.