Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Originally Posted By: JeffS
for humans to have been evolved (even by God through theistic evolution), this requires that death exist within creation BEFORE the fall of man and the entry of sin into the world

Unless I misunderstand your argument and premises, this is not true. Evolution does not require death. All it requires is that a genetically coded attribute be preferentially reproduced.

I think you misunderstand my argument slightly, though I completely understand what you are saying. I don't have any issue at all with evolution, but I do have an issue with death without sin in the world. As a means of producing humans, the theory of evolution would certainly have worked through death before humans came about, and thus before sin entered the world. But my issue with evolution ends there. If, in Eden, evoltion was at work shaping animals and humans over time, I don't necessarily have an issue with that (though it sounds weird- but who really could know anything about the laws of nature in a world without death?).