Home schooling is fundamentally about investing a huge amount of your own personal time and energy into your kid. That's not something that I or my wife could do, simply because our jobs are too demanding. If you've got the option, and you think you can do it properly (versus having the usual parent-child squabbles and such), then it's worth considering.

That said, doing it "properly" is tricky at the high school senior level. You don't necessarily have access to the science labs, nor can you hope to have all the skill and expertise of the school teachers in each and every subject that the school teachers.

It sounds like you're satisfied with your school, from an educational perspective, but you're unsatisfied with the student culture. At that point, shifting to a different school might be a valid response to the problem.

For what it's worth, I was perfectly happy (*) going to public schools all the way through, but my sister hit a wall in 10th grade, when she felt the arts and literature in our public high school just didn't cut it. She talked my parents into sending her to the local private girls' high school ($$$), which was much better at this sort of thing.

(*) Well, as happy as I would have been anywhere else...