Jeff, we agree about civil unions vs. marriage. I would be thrilled if civil unions were the only thing sanctioned by the legal system and the definition of marriage was up to the individuals.

But, like you said, it's not practical to seperate them in the near term and when push comes to shove I will vote my beliefs which are driven by fairness to all. I think equal rights for all beliefs is the tenet on which this country is founded.

Quote:
So say we broaden the definition of marriage to be more inclusive- what about polyamarous relationships? I know some mormans who would like to be able to marry multiple wives. So now should we extend the definition of marriage to include their viewpoint as well? Or if we do not, are we then bigots?

I absolutely believe poligamy should be legal if all parties are consenting. And, yes, I believe we are bigots if we don't extend legal rights to those who choose that life.

Quote:
Almost every point of view I have comes from the idea that we are all fallen sinners in need of grace.

Does this mean you can't love yourself? (That's an honest question. I'm not laying a trap.)