Well, I am firmly of the opinion that kids should be brought up with no religion - no anti religion, but definitely no religion - because anything you do before they cana make their own mind up is pretty much brainwashing.

To cheer up the grandparents, both sets of whom are christians, we blessed our kids in a kind of non-denominational way (although it was a christian minister) but we feel if they want religion they will choose it. I sincerely hope they don't, because I place the blame for most of the major conflicts the world has seen at the foot of religion, but if they do I will support them.

I know this sounds small minded, and I really respect folks like Jeff and others who have a deep rooted faith and seem like wonderful people, but I don't see any place for religion in my world, or that of the people I know. We are reliant solely on self, friends and family, and we love it that way. Religion just seems like giving an excuse for failure, that will be sorted by a higher being. I don't believe in a higher being so want to ensure that I srt all my issues myself before I die.

I have no forgiveness other than that of my family and peers, and that is the way I like it.

I kind of agree with Douglas Adams on this topic, I think.
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock