Quote:
Some non-God human has come up with this crusade, for some form of personal gain, and is managing to dupe a bunch of otherwise smart people into pushing it for his/her ends.
Not true. ID is all about observing the world around us and deducing from what we study scientifically that God exists. In fact, it does not even assert a GOOD God, only the existence of a Creator.

ID started being proposed by those who honestly felt that a gunine study of the world around us leads to no other conclusion. These people reasoned that rather than argue the issue of biblical Creation, which has a lot of other points to argue over, lets just deal with the one central issue- is there a God? The idea is that once people are conviced that God exists, we can then move to discussing the evidence for which God exists and how He has revealed Himself.

Of course, most evolutions are well aware of the end-game that ID sets up and are going to argue against it, not on the merits of ID itself, but of the personal beliefs of its proponents. They see ID as Creatonism dressed up in new clothing. Now honestly, I haven't been following it all well enough to know if ID has kept itself seperate from biblical Creationism as was intendnded, or if it has just become the same old debate.

Are the claims of ID debatable? Yes- the idea that you can prove God exists from nature is an issue that I'm sure many have an opinion on. But I'm not sure if that is what is really being debated- what I hear from evolutionists is all sorts of evidence for evolution, which isn't what the debate is about. As I said, evolution falls within the scope of ID.