Quote:
Lots of nice subjective things that we just know to be true, or at least they are for me
I'm not sure what you're driving at. I wasn't homeschooled so my perceptions are not based on my own experience but others that I've seen.

And to be completely honest, I've seen negatives with homeschooling. While every homeschooler I've met seems to be a cut above in the education department, I've seen many who's social skills have suffered greatly. My wife has also observed this so there's no way that we would homeschool. I say this to emphasize the point that I have no reason to view homeschooling more positively or to stack the deck in favor of homeschooling. I think there are problems, they just aren't related to the educational value.

The route I've seen that has really impressed me is when children spend the formative years in a private school (not homeschool) but then trasition to public school for High School. This seems to give teenagers the right opportunities to learn about opposing viewpoints at the time they really begin to question things.