Quote:
Personally I'd never try to explain anything God does by saying He's trying to prove that He exists. God's purposes are largely unknown and I have a difficult time trying to speak on His behalf about His intentions.

Sadly, most people in politics (including ID proponents) invoking "God's name in vain" to promote their causes don't share your reluctance to express intimate knowledge of God's intentions...

Quote:
As all of this relates to ID, my opinion is still that there are weighter issues within Christianity and that the best logical arguments of ID will lead very few to faith in Christ. Not that it isn't worth thinking about or adressing (clearly, since I spend a lot of time talking about this stuff with you all) but I think we do not do God an favors by placing so much emphasis on trying to prove that He exists. We should be able to answer questions and adress people's concerns, but in the end it's all about faith in Christ as the solution to our sin problem.

Again, this is a view that we, regrettably, hear rather rarely.

Quote:
So I'd be red faced to try an explain why things like Katrian or 9/11 or people dying of desies or anything else happen. I do trust that God is working out all things for good for those with faith, but certainly there are those who have a terrible time of it in this life. My hope is in the afterlife, in which all suffering will cease and when compared to this life makes our time here seem only an instant.

Well, one does wonder why then go through the trouble of creating the stage for that mere instant, but, as we already established, God's intentions and motives are not to be questioned nor too much pondered (which seems to be a kind of universal answer to thornier questions of religion...)
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue