Quote:
No, that's only an issue in the "religion" course, and only then (for now) in the USA (although apparently a Seattle based group of fanatics are actively trying to spread it to NZ, among other areas. Gahd).
I wasn't make the argument one way or another- only pointing out a situation where one belief is selected as superior to another belief. And it IS an issue that is being faught in science classrooms right now. Plenty of people are upset about evolution being taught in schools. In context of my post, all I was saying is that the school has to pick one side over another and some people are going to end up with their children being taught something they don't believe.

Going off topic for a moment, I'll just say for the record that (thiestic) evolution can fall within the broad spectrum of ID so it doesn't have to be a "vs"- it's just not usually argued that way because those supporting ID don't support evolution.