Will Smith on the Tested Podcast was talking about how e-readers need to be 50 to 100 dollars but for different reasons.

He was saying they need to be that price for the mass market to really use them because you won't just throw a 500 dollar device in a bag and not be worried about damage and theft but a 50 dollar one you would.

He also said e-readers are better for reading books. Examples were reading in bed with lights out. With the e-reader you can just use a book light but a back lit screen you get the light blasting out bugging the person with you and causing eye strain. He also was talking about how the e-reader battery lasts for weeks. I haven't used either of these devices but I know how the screens work so I can agree with what he was saying.

The only thing I can think I would want an ipad for would be internet browsing on the couch but I really think the laptop I am using now works better. With a tablet form factor I would have to hold it up all the time of sit in some position that would prop it up. Plus I like a real keyboard I wouldn't want to type this message on an on screen keyboard maybe I would get used to it but I don't see a reason to.

Matt